Call center outsourcing has been prevalent for a number of years. The numerous advantages that it offers ranging from cost reduction to skill acquisition, makes it a worthy proposition for any company. This is the main reason why we are seeing a lot of companies shift their call center base to ITES hubs like India and Philippines. However, not all center ventures are successful because not all call center outsourcing vendor are equal. Therefore, the decision to outsource one’s call center business should be taken with great care, in order to reap rich rewards.
Unearthing the Reasons behind Success/Failure of Call Centers
When you employ the services of a call center outsourcing vendor, it does not necessarily translates into success. Most of the times the reason for the failure of a call center outsourcing venture, is the incompatibility between the vendor and the outsourcer. For example, an inbound call center outsourcing vendor that has built its reputation in customer care and technical support might not be able to deliver outbound telemarketing services that are up to scratch. Also, even the best vendor – no matter its reputation in the market – may fail if it does not have the same vision as yours. Hence, alignment of your vision with your outsourcing vendor and checking its compatibility with your business are important steps towards finding the right partner for your business. But before that, you need to be sure about its capabilities and what it can offer for the welfare of your business.
What You Should Seek in Your Call Center Outsourcing Vendor?
Always ensure that your call center outsourcing vendor has these desirable capabilities to ensure success in your outsourcing venture:
- Experienced managers – Managers are the beacons of a call center operation. They monitor the agents, point out their flaws and educate them on how to carry out the services; guiding them every step of the way when the going gets tough. Hence, you should always check on the quality of the managers before you take the plunge of outsourcing your call center business.
- Quality call center software – A call center software can automate your workflow and empower your agents to deliver better services. Always partner with a vendor that has access to AI-powered CRM and call center software to ensure that you are always one step ahead of the customer.
- Scalability – At any point of time, you may be required to increase or decrease the scale of your call center operation. Therefore, it is essential for you to associate with a vendor that has access to abundant workforce. Call centers in India like Vcallglobal have a perennial supply of workforce and can scale as per your requirements.
- Essential amenities for employees – Call center operations can be quite taxing on the psyche of the agents. For them to operate at the peak of their power at all times, your vendor should be able to provide them all the basic amenities like food, water, transport etc. The happiness of agents reflects on the call and it can be the difference between high customer satisfaction and customer attrition.
- Cost efficiency – If your costs are higher in an outsourcing venture, then the point of outsourcing is neutralized. Try to partner with a vendor that is based in a country with an inferior currency value than yours. This will give you an instant edge over competitors as it will allow you to save big time in the longer run.